MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND SPORT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
THE A. KASTEYEV STATE MUSEUM OF ARTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF KAZAKHSTAN
Performance of the A. Kasteyev Museum of Arts of the Republic of Kazakhstan is directed towards the realization of the museum’s main mission, consisting of the conservation and popularization of the artistic heritage of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The successful fulfillment of this mission is realized through the following routes: collection, preservation, scientific research, restoration, and the propagation of world art to a broad audience. The structure of the museum includes the center of preservation and restoration, scientific departments, centers working with visitors (excursion and external communication), the center of exhibitions and expositions, the publishing department, technical services, and an administrative unit. The functions as two affiliates: the Central Exhibition Hall, and the House-Museum of A. Kasteyev.
From 2017 on, the A. Kasteyev Museum of Arts of the Republic of Kazakhstan has carried out:
- The release two scientific catalogues: the catalogue of Sergei Kalmykov’s works and one tome of the paintings of Kazakhstan (from A to K) from the vends of the A. Kasteyev Museum of Arts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- 51 Exhibitions: 13 international, 12 with the central exhibition hall
- Scientific and Practical Conference: a yearly conference “Kasteev Readings - 2017” on the theme of “Culture and Art in the Context o fModernization of Consciousness” dedicated to the 10th anniversary of Aisha Galimbayeva.
- The development of the conception “Modern Kazakhstan Culture in a Global World”, within the framework of the program “Spiritual Engagement”: the museum signed a memorandum of collaboration with international organizations (The National Russian Museum of Saint Petersburg, the National Art Museum of Belarus - Minsk, the State Museum of Fine Arts of Tatarstan - Kazan)
- A number of events to clarify the main provisions of the program article “A Look into the Future: Modernization of Public Consciousness” of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Leader of the Nation N.A. Nazarbayev: meetings with the labor collective and representatives of the creative intelligentsia - 3 speeches and publications to promote the main provisions, including the transition of the Kazakh language to the Latin alphabet.
- The addition of tactile exhibits and transcriptions in Braille for the blind and visually impaired, the first of their kind in the museum, within the framework of the social project “Accessible Museum”
- Six round tables - one international with Saint Petersburg
- Seven press conferences
- Permanent museum projects, among which are Musical Vernissage, Night at the Museum, the “Magic Lantern” program for school holidays, master classes, museum quests and many further projects.
- Projects for Museum Modernization: digitization of exhibits, the launch of interactive information kiosks in three languages for visitors with information about the exposition’s themes, the museum collection, multilingual audioguides (5 languages: Kazakh, Russian, English, Chinese, and French) with coverage of the major sections of the permanent exhibition, free Wifi
- New receipts for 2017: 74 storage units (transferred from the House of Arts Education and donated), 183 works restored
- Number of visitors: 120,570 people